What’s The Difference Between Google AdWords And SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)?
Use a Combination of both for Best Results
SEO is a longer term game and involves the correct set up of your website and online presence, ultimately to bring you more organic search and referral traffic on less expense.
SEO should always be an important element of your digital marketing mix, and it’s often overlooked and underestimated by both business and web developers.
Google AdWords is a fast way of bringing in targeted traffic to your website. It is fast to set up, and a far faster way to generate the traffic than SEO (generally). Both are ongoing investments, but you’ll only pay for AdWords clicks when people are interested in your product (generally). With SEO you have to invest before you get the traffic.
With Google AdWords, you generally only pay when people click through to your website but might be more expensive.
Both are important. Certain SEO elements will help improve the quality of your AdWords campaigns.
It is important to understand that running paid advertising with Google will not make any difference to your organic search rankings, although it may improve the clickthrough rate of your organic listings (due to searchers subtly seeing your brand in an advert before scrolling down).
How can a search engine marketing analysis help my business?
A search engine marketing analysis helps you to answer the following questions:
- Who is visiting my website and where are they geographically located?
- What search terms or referral sites did visitors use to find the business?
- Am I missing an audience on the internet that might want to buy my products or services?
- How can my website rank higher in the search engines, like the "top 3" (Google, Yahoo, Bing)?
- Are there any websites or directories that my site should be listed in to generate referral traffic?
- Is Pay Per Click Advertising Right for Your Business?
- How can my Pay-Per-Click (PPC) campaign get a higher click-thru-rate (CTR)? A higher conversion rate? Are there ways to lower the cost-per-click (CPC)?
- Are there search engine marketing opportunities that I am missing for my business because I don’t know the questions to ask?
- What’s the best way to interact with my customers using social networking?
What are organic search engine results?
Organic search engine results are also referred to as natural search engine results. They are website listings on search engine result pages (SERPs) that are not paid for, in contrast to paid and sponsored ads. Many factors affect search engine results placement, including the geographic location of the searcher, longevity of site, website content and on-page keywords, quality of inbound links, competitiveness of the market, social media signals and visitor behavior. Organic SEO is more "human managed" than automated tools.
Whenever you are searching on Google (since the largest bulk of searches are conducted on the Google engine) you will find two distinct result types. They are as follows:
The organic search results, AND promotional paid advertisements. These 'sponsored' search results are displayed through Google AdWords platform, while the investment is considerably lower than that of conventional advertising, there are factors to such sponsored links that requires second look.
Google AdWords places a 'Sponsored' link strategically before the general search results according to your genre / key word selection. However, a majority would avoid such sponsored links simply because there is a concept that the internet is still more reliable in providing "Free Services". While clicking on flashing advertisements and pop-up windows is DEFINITELY a bad idea. Google AdWords is a genuine and serious method to promote commercial services and products more effectively using internet resources.
I already receive traffic from natural search, why should I consider paying for Pay-Per-Click (PPC) ads?
Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising places ads in front of your audience when they are searching online for the products or services you offer. This means your audience is primed to see your ad.
Our PPC services include:
- Analyzing your competitive market and related keywords to determine a Pay-Per-Click (PPC) strategy
- Building, optimizing and managing Google AdWords and Bing Ads PPC ad campaigns
- Creating text, image and animated ads for both the search and display/content networks
- Landing page analysis and optimization to lower the cost per click and increase conversions
- Importing Google AdWords campaigns into Bing Ads for Bing and Yahoo
- Integrating ad campaigns with Google Analytics for performance and goal/conversion tracking
- Evaluating paid advertising performance and reporting on return on investment
Can you guarantee me a #1 position in Google?
No, we can't guarantee a #1 organic spot and beware of anyone that does. There are over 200 factors that affect search engine results placement, including such things as location, longevity of site, quality of inbound links, the competitiveness of the market and many many more. We target the best keywords for your business and use strategies to get you on the first page. First page real estate can be taken with local search results and Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertisements, with proper optimization and ad triggering.
Can you guarantee first page results placement in the search engines?
Just about anyone can get on the first page for a search term in sponsored ads if they are willing to pay for it and have a relevant webpage and ad. Organic search engine results are a different story. We can't make any guarantees, there are too many factors (over 200) involved. We use professional SEO methods to achieve high rankings for key phrases related to our clients' businesses. Each website is unique and presents its own business challenges. We provide an honest assessment of what we believe can be achieved compared to your competition.
As mentioned in the beginning, one must select a right online search strategy to get the maximum returns on your investment. So, if you are trying to experiment with a few keywords or are just looking for some short term visibility and traffic, AdWords is the apt solution. AdWords is also great for e-commerce companies as it’s’ virtually impossible to get top ranks for thousands of products. While it may seem that AdWords has got the upper hand over traditional SEO approach, it’s not true. SEO can be a game changer if implemented correctly with right keywords and location. Over the years, we have seen that SEO can be a great help for companies who are into a specific product or service for long time and are ready to invest in the same. Since SEO can be done at a very nominal cost as compared to AdWords, quite a large number of SMEs’ do prefer to start only with SEO. Also, the biggest benefits of SEO over AdWords are credibility and unlimited visitors as well as reach that only SEO can provide.
Interested in SEO and PPC, Contact us today
Call Thane and Mumbai's oldest and most experienced SEO Specialist and Web Designer Gaurang Goradiya